- 1000 gr. – plums without the seed
- 500 gr. – sugar
- 1 tbsn – Fresh lemon juice
- Production time: 60 minues
- Servings: 2 jars /500gr
- Nutrients: Calories: A tblspn has 80Kcal
- Step 1: Wash the plum fruits very well, cut the in the middle and remove the seeds.
- Step 2: Put the cut plums in boiling water for one minute.
- Step 3: Drain them and peel off the skin if you like (not necessarily)
- Step 4: Mush the fruits in a multi-machine for as long as you like.
- Step 5: Fill a pot, (prefer one with a thick bottom), put the fruit mash and the sugar.
- Step 6: Put the pan on a well heated fire till the sugar melt and then decrease the temperature of the stovetop.
- Step 7: Boil the mixture for about 40 minutes, whilst mixing often and removing the foam till is thick enough. To understand when the jam is thick enough you’ll need to use a spoon. Take some mixture with the spoon and if it isn’t only sticky but also liquid enough then the jam is ready.
- Step 8: Then you need to add the lemon juice, stir for a while and take it off the stovetop.
- Step 9: Place the jam into the jars, leave it till is cold enough and then store it in the fridge.